Hello kids! Can you guess what time of the year it is? It’s Christmas! I’m sure you’re very excited and looking forward to having fun and receiving gifts, too.
But do you know what makes the Christmas season so special? It’s because we get to celebrate the birth of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.
Did you know Jesus was born in a manger in a town called Bethlehem (Luke 2:7)? Did you know Mary and Joseph were His earthly parents (Matthew 1:18-19)?
Here are more interesting things to learn about Jesus.
FUN FACTS ABOUT JESUS
- The first people to visit Jesus when He was born were the shepherds whom the angels appeared to at night (Luke 2:8-16).
- Some wise men visited Jesus when He was a young child. They brought some gifts along with them, too – gold, frankincense and myrrh.
- Jesus was named 8 days after His birth (Luke 2:21).
- Jesus grew up in the small town of Nazareth in Galilee.
- Jesus learnt how to make things out of wood. He learnt it from Joseph, His earthly father, who was a carpenter.
- Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist who was also his cousin.
- Jesus started preaching when He was 30 years old.
- He was crucified at the age of 33 at a place called “Golgotha” meaning “a place of skull”.
- Jesus arose from the dead on the third day after He was crucified.
- Jesus had siblings (brothers and sisters). His brothers’ names were James, Joseph, Simon and Judas (Matthew 13:55-56).
- Matthew 1:21- “And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”
- Revelation 1:5- “and from Jesus Christ, the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler over the kings of the earth.”
- Luke 2:21- “And when eight days were completed for the circumcision of the Child, His name was called Jesus, the name given by the angel before He was conceived in the womb.”